Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

H


oping everyone is having a beautiful and restful Mother's Day. My mother-in-law came over to celebrate with me this year...and I was really in the mood to cook. I do not get many opportunities to just sit home all day and cook, so I really took advantage of the opportunity. So I made a baked ham, Swiss eggs, asparagus and berry parfaits for dessert.

Swiss eggs are a family tradition...well at least I always had my mother make them for me when I would visit. It is a great recipe, here it is if you want to give it a try.

First, you need to grate a pound a Swiss cheese and spread it into a greased 13 x 9 cake pan. Next, you make wells to fit the eggs. I think 8 eggs fit perfectly.



Then you pour about a half to two-thirds of a cup of heavy cream over the eggs and cheese. A little salt and black pepper and into the oven they go. I bake them at about 375 degree just until cheese is melted and eggs are set.




When they come out they are served similar to eggs benedict...english muffin, ham, then the egg...mmmm...so yummy...not on the diet plan, but so good...

(Lack of picture due to the fact that it smelled so good we could not stop to photograph)

The berry parfaits were amazing too...blueberries, strawberries and raspberries...with organiz french vanilla yogurt = delicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Apture